Sunday, May 8, 2011

What's In a Name?

No pressure! It's just going to be the name he is called the rest of his life (and could potentially resent you for later!)! I don't know how parents do it! Christopher and I began discussing names right after we began talking about adoption. If you know me, you know that I am I master list maker (CONFESSION: I am REALLY sick. I put things on a list that I have already done, just so I can cross them out. Whew, I feel better now!). I make lists for everything. On my desk at the school where I teach, there are always 4-5 post- it notes of things I need to do.

















So naturally, when we started brainstorming, I had to keep a running list. We tried out our favorites around the house to see which one we liked best. We are excited to announce his name for now will be....

Hayes!

We say for now because we are planning to use his Ethiopian name as his middle name. Once we hear his Ethiopian name we might decide to use it as his first name. Or, once we see our first picture of him, he might not look like a Hayes at all. Then we'll have to revisit our list (which of course, I am holding on to!). But right now we are so excited with our name choice and that we can now refer to him and pray for him by name (and you can too!)!

Happy Mothers' Day everyone!  Hopefully, next Mothers' Day our little Ethiopian darling will be home with us! Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Thank you friend! I look forward to Hayes meeting Porter, his BFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the name Hayes and i remember you bringing ur book which had a LIST oft names in it. And the name Hayes was on that list. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete