Monday, October 24, 2011

Airport Homecoming

On Saturday the hubby and I attended our first ever adoption airport homecoming!  It was for my sweet high school friend Katie and her hubby Brent.  We are using the same agency and she's been a HUGE help to me when I've had questions along the way.  They also happen to live right around the corner for us, so I'm seeing playdates in the future!  (Side note: We drove past their house on the way to the airport and saw that a banner reading "Welcome Home Lucy" had been hung up under their carport and I instantly started to cry.  So the tears came before I even made it to the airport!)

About 30 minutes before we needed to leave, I decided I just HAD to make sweet Lucy a sign, so here's what I whipped up...



Here's a picture of some of us waiting excitedly for them to arrive!



And here's a video of the newly expanded family!  (A big thank you to my friend Beth for her video. I was shaking so much with excitement that mine is a wash!). 



Here's a shot of some of Lucy's friends and family welcoming her home!



And here's a picture of the family of three!


I was so excited to get to share in their special day.  It was such a beautiful, emotional event to witness. Congratulations to the new mommy and daddy!  We're so happy for you!  And Lucy, we are so glad that you're home.  Many prayers have been lifted up on your behalf and you are already such a blessing to your family!

Happy Monday everyone! Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations to your friends! So so wonderful!

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH, so happy for them. Wish I could have been there...I love their Lucy...She has a special place in my heart!!!! :) kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brooke! It was definitely a fun glimpse into our future! Kristi, 2 precious Lucy's in Nashville! I didn't think about you knowing her Lucy. Was she at the transition house at the same time as Wes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to the airport when my best friend brought her son home this summer...... Both my husband and I felt the presence of God in the room. It was amazing to witness, be a part of, and celebrate with our great friends.

    I hope they are adjusting well! Welcome home little girl :)

    ReplyDelete