Thursday, October 6, 2011

Goodwill Goodies

This past Saturday, the hubby and I, along with my sister and her boyfriend hit up a couple of local Goodwills looking for outfits for dress up days they were having at work.  (Side note: the hubby found some awesome Nascar gear for Sports Day today)  And for those of you who didn't know, at Goodwill everything is 1/2 off on the first Saturday of the month.  Score!!!

Of course, I had to take pictures of the gems I ended up with! 
I thought this lamp would be adorable spray painted white. Kind of granny shabby chic!  And at $1.50, it was definitely in the budget!



I couldn't resist this dainty little frame.  I love the bow and the gold piping.I think it would be PERFECT in a little girl's nursery one day, but for now, I'll find a spot for it in our house.  I HAD to get it since it was only $2!



I snagged this backpack for $1 for one of my nephew's birthday presents next week.  It is in great shape and hardly looks used.  He loves pirates, so I thought this was perfect!



 Warning!  Another little girl purchase (NO, I'm not trying to tell you something!).  I thought this sweater was WAY cute and retro looking.  I told the hubby I wasn't going to get it since we have no need for it.  His response was, "We'll stick it in a drawer somewhere.  It's $1."  He's a keeper!  Watch out ladies, he's all mine! : )



Sorry for the blury picture of the bird.  I thought it would be cute spray painted gold or even leaving it as is!  I have a thing for birds, so I couldn't resist this guy at $1.25!



In keeping with the bird theme, I snagged these 2 swans for $3 for the pair.  They aren't a set, but I thought they would be cute as a pair of bookends.  And have no fear! They WILL be getting a coat of gold spray paint to glam them up!



I saved the BEST find for last!  When I saw these adorable striped RALPH LAUREN juice glasses, I quickly snatched them up!  I kept thinking to myself, "Who would get rid of these???"  Well, their loss is my gain!  And at $.50 each, they were QUITE the bargain!



I decided to use the cheery yellow one as a vase to display flowers that some of my sweet students had given me.  It definitely livens up our living room.


Stay tuned next week to see some of my Goodwill finds get glamified!

What about you bargain shoppers?  Any awesome Goodwill/thrift store finds lately that you HAVE to share? Pin It

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I love all your GW finds! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a bird (ceramic animal) addiction! Can't wait to see them glammed up!

    x,

    Patience

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work girl!

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete