Friday, October 14, 2011

Homestudy Approved!

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!  I am so excited to say that our homestudy was approved yesterday afternoon. I was at work when I found out, so of course I had to run around telling my teacher friends!

Jump for Joy

So, what's next?  On Monday we'll go to our homestudy agency to pick up the paperwork they have for us.  This will be the last of what we need for our Dossier!  We will also need to file our I-600a.  For those of you not in the adoption world, in order to adopt internationally, you must obtain permission from United States Citizen and Imigration Services (USCIS). In order to obtain permission, USCIS requires that you file an appication and submit supporting documents in order for them to make a determination.  The form to submit for approval is called the I-600a.  Filing of the I-600a will result in your approval (or denial) to adopt internationally. 

So that's where we are right now.  Moving right along now!  So as you can see, I'm having a fantastic Friday and hope you are too Wayman Family Nesters! Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! We finished ours a couple of months ago. Waiting for the fingerprinting appointment can be frustrating but at least you know you are on to the next step!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We have been waiting on our home study finalization for about 2 months now =( Maybe the good news will be contagious and we'll get our finalization news soon as well =) Take care and congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Jess, are yall officially on the waitlist now? So exciting! Krystal, maybe it is contagious! Ours took about 2 1/2 months from the time of our last meeting. Praying yours comes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, we are not on the waiting list. Our agency requires the completed dossier to go on the list. So, we fingerprinted Wednesday and are just waiting for our I-171H so we can submit. Should be any week now! Just read on your newest post you all can go on earlier--that's awesome. We'll pray for speed for all of us:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess, I'm waiting on a couple of documents from our placing agency before I can officially finish up our dossier and have it authenticated and mailed off. Praying you'll get your approval soon!

    ReplyDelete