Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Shake Yo' Hair Feathers!

Yes, the title of this post is a throw-back to Nelly for those of you who remember the unforgettable hit,  "Shake Yo Tailfeather."  Thanks to my friend Anna for the inspiration for this post!

I can officially say I've been "feathered."  In case you don't know what I'm talking about, see the pictures below....


I mean, if Miley's doing it, it must be a good idea, right?






Now, I'm in no way comparing myself to the lovely Jennifer Love Hewitt or Hilary Duff.  My feathers actually look very similar to this guy...




There are many colors and sizes to choose from.  I went with a thick cream one with brown stripes and two thin ones.  One is a burnt orange color that the hair stylist thought looked good with my auburn hair and the other is a thin white one with black stripes.


The hubby called to see what I was up to and this is how our conversation went:
Hubby: What are you up to?
Me: I just went and got feathers.
Hubby: Huh?  (followed by immediate laughter)
Me: Feathers for my hair
Hubby: (more laughter)
Me: Ask the girls that sit around you.  They'll know what I'm talking about.
Hubby (in background-Lacey, do you know what hair feathers are?).  She says she does.
Me: See!

Well, there you have it.  I think hair feathers are fun!  What about you?  Love em' or hate em'?



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment