Friday, January 6, 2012

Prayers Needed: Trying to Keep Things in Perspective

Well, Wayman Family Nesters, we are in need of prayers today.  We lost the referral of a beautiful baby boy (Baby "K") we received the day after Thanksgiving.  I had written up a blog post to announce it to our wonderful readers, but he hadn't had his medical tests yet, so I was waiting.  Well, 6 weeks later-after hearing nothing, we hear today that he is not to be our child.  I won't go into details about the situation with the orphanage, but basically now we're back on the waitlist for our boy.

As I sat in tears in our driveway (I'd been feverishly checking my e-mail for any updates), I tried to keep things in perspective.  This was me just being selfish.  Bottom line is, precious Baby "K" has a family.  And that's all that matters.  It's not about me and my impatience of wanting to see his face now.  I know that God has a plan for our family, and that's what I'm trying to keep at the front of my mind right now.  But, it still  hurts. I'm not going to sugar coat it!

So, what's next?  Well, we're back on the waitlist and next in line for a baby boy.  We appreciate any prayers you'd like to send our way at this time! : )

Thank you! Pin It

13 comments:

  1. My heart aches for you....and the lost you've experienced. God led us down a similar path this past May. The loss is so real. Praying He draws you close during this difficult time. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, Jennifer. I'll be praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry! Praying for you as you grieve his loss... and praying for the baby boy who is to be yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tough stuff. Will certainly be praying for your guys!

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is no way to express how sorry I am and how hard I know this must be to grieve the child you thought would be yours. But know that I will be praying for you and for your baby. Whenever and wherever he/she is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This story is nearly identical to Kristi's story of her first referral before Lucy Lane. And, well, you know how that turned out...be patient. God KNOWS the plans he has for you, and for your little one. Prayers for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry! Praying for your family during this very difficult time...and praying for grace and peace during your wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry Jennifer... I know how excited you were. This is such an emotional process. There is obviously another baby boy that is supposed to be yours one day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so very sorry to hear this. However, it means God has another baby out there JUST FOR YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jennifer, so sorry to hear of your loss. I can't imagine the position you are in but I greatly admire your faith and patience! God has a perfect blessing waiting for you...just hang in there! I know it is so hard to wait, though! I'll keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You will get there. Just close your eyes and imagine holding your child in your lap a year from now and sitting in front of your computer reading this blog post. A year from now you will think, "Wow, it did really all work out for us." And it will. It will really all work out.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete