Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday Finds

First, let me start off by saying I LOVE LOVE LOVE interior design. Before I wanted to be a teacher, I wanted to be a nurse. And before I wanted to be a nurse, I wanted to be an interior decorator! Maybe I could do that in the summer when I'm not teaching. I am no expert by any means, but I wanted to start a "Friday Finds" series with home deocor items that can be be purchased by the average Joe family like ours!

(Disclaimer: I am in no way paid by these companies to endorse their products.)

One thing that can cost an arm and a leg is rugs. Here is one of my favorites from CSN stores
This rug would work in almost any room in the house! I think it would add a lot of visual interest. It reminds me of this rug from one of my all-time favorite nurseries at laybabylay.

Another item that I've had my eye on for our home is a ghost chair. They are so versatile and beautiful! I would love to have one for our office. If we ever put a small desk in our living room, I would love to showcase it in there! This one is from interiorexpress.com, but there are lots of them out there. I chose this one because of it's reasonable price.

Here are a couple of my favorite ghost chair images from Abode Love:

Beautiful! And don't even get me started on the horizontal stripes! I could talk about those all day long (with pictures to back it up), so I'll save that for another day.

And speaking of desks, I have also had my eye on a small parsons-style desk for our living room. I love the simple, sleek style (not too mention, how great would it look with a ghost chair?!). But the West Elm version (even at $299) is out of my price range. I'm a bargain shopping, thrifter! Here is a cheaper version from homedecorators.com (it also got good reviews!). I would recommend the white.

Here is another image from West Elm. The mirrored one is beautiful, but the price is not! $599! Yikes! I can forget about it!

I wanted to showcase one last decorative item. I think that this Nate Berkus ikat bowl is TO DIE FOR! Ikat is beautiful and you can find it all over the place right now (lamps, rugs, bowls...I'll take them all!). I think that this bowl from Nate's line at HSN would look beautiful on one of the shelves in our living room (hint hint hubby!). Here she is in all her glory!
{image from 6thStreetDesignSchool} Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment