Wednesday, July 6, 2011

First Homestudy Visit Scheduled

I'm excited to say that we heard from our social worker yesterday and our homestudy paperwork has been approved.  We scheduled our first of three homestudy meetings for THIS Monday.  Woo Hoo!  I'm excited to get the ball rolling! 

So this weekend, I will be cleaning like I madwoman (and hopefully looking as cheery as this housewife while I do it!).


I have been told not to worry, that everything doesn't have to be as neat as I think (that they won't be going through our closets and drawers!) But any tips from you fellow adoptive mamas would be appreciated!
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. What a great picture!! Made me giggle. Best of luck! We haven't done our homestudy yet, so I don't have any tips, but I have a feeling you are going to do just fine :-)

    Much love,
    Future Mama
    http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I don't remember how I found your blog :-), but congratulations! We just finished all of our home study stuff...and I agree with what you heard. Our visits were so laid back and the house "inspection" really only consisted of her walking around the house. I would not stress about it! Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck, its really not a big deal. make sure your medicines are out of reach and you have a fire extinguisher. hope it goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I was nervous about cleaning too, but that was not what they looked for. It was if we had child proof locks on medicine and cleaning products, outlet cover and a fire extinguisher. But I was a little more relaxed having cleaned the house and coffee/tea ready.

    Jenni
    we-heart-africa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angela, makes me smile too! Thank you for the encouragement!

    City Grace, thanks for checking out our blog and thank you for the tips!

    Sara, thank you! We are praying that your court date gets rescheduled SOON!

    Jenni, good idea about refreshments! I hadn't thought of that! : )

    ReplyDelete