Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Float On

{Feel free to listen to Modest Mouse while you read this post.  After all, it is the inspiration for the title of this post!}


Now that I've got you happy and singing...

Remember this post when I mentioned our quick stop at IKEA in Atlanta and told you about all of my of my aweseome finds?  Well, last weekend I recruited the hubby to help me hang them.  And by "help," I really mean do all the work while I continually come to him to see if he needs me to do anything.

Here's a shot of our little dining nook before.  The wall has been bare since we moved in 3 years ago.  I thought that floating shelves would be the perfect way to break up all that green. 

Excuse the terrible photo.  This is a really old photo, but it gives you an idea of what the room looked like before we put in the French doors and changed out that atrocious light fixture.



Here's a shot of the hubby hard at work.  He's giving me the "You've got to be kidding me.  You're taking pictures of me working that will end up on your blog." face.



And here's the finished product! (And proof that we did it fact take down that skanky, ugly light fixture!)
Yes, I know this rug is too small for this table, but baby steps.  A new rug is not in the budget right now.




Stay tuned for Part II of this post as I show you how I styled those bare white shelves!
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I NEED to go to IKEA soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shelves look great! I love your husband's "blog face" picture :) I totally do that to mine as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lindsay! You could make a trip while you wait. I have a feeling when we're waiting for our little one to come home, I'll be looking for things to do!


    Thanks Jennifer! He was more "posed" for this one. When I took candid pictures of him striping our hallway, he was like, "no way!" hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to taking a trip to Ikea for some bedding...Gotta love Ikea!

    Brooke Annessa
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish you could come decorate my house. Love love love your stripe hallway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Becky! And I would love to help if you ever want any! You could send me pics!

    ReplyDelete